I’m not a morning person when it comes to cooking. Post marriage, it took me a lot of time getting used to the fact that I had to wake up in the morning to make something for us to eat. Over the years, things have changed and I try to keep my cooking as simple as possible. Breakfast is the most important meal in our house where we try to consume maximum nutrients. Sharing with you a super easy recipe, which can be made even the night before.
400 gms button mushroom, chopped
3 free-range whole eggs (you can use only egg whites, 4nos)
1 medium sized onion, sliced
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp mixed tried herbs
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of nutmeg
50 ml whole milk at room temperature
25 gms grated cheddar cheese
2 tsp bread crumbs
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions, sugar and saute it until caramelized. Add mushrooms and season with salt, chilli flakes and herbs. Cook until done. Keep aside.
- Break eggs in a bowl, add milk, some salt/pepper, nutmeg and beat until smooth.
- Distribute the mushrooms in two ramekins. Pour the egg/milk mixture.
- Garnish with cheese and bread crumbs
- Bake in a preheated oven, on grill mode @180 degree centigrade for 15-20 minutes or until the top surface has puffed slightly and browned.
- Serve warm with some bread.