Brownies are popular baked snack or dessert which originated from USA. Brownies are easy; I’ve baked these brownies a million times and each time it tastes awesome. This brownie recipe is a favourite with my niece and she says that its the world’s best brownie 🙂
P, my husband says, “I bite into this millet brownie without expectation and realize that; there is none that I could have had, that would not have been satisfied more! A sweet crust greets you with a balance from the dense cake like mass below it. Its like eating a melting chocolate with a thin outer crust on a velvet cake with an occasional crunch of nuts. This brownie can drive anyone nuts for a second round.”
100 gms chocolate (52% dark chocolate), chopped into pieces
100 gms butter
100 gms raw sugar
30 gms bajra or pearl millet flour
35 gms almond meal or ground almond*
½ tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp baking powder
3 whole eggs
* ground almond is whole almond grounded in a mixer into a course powder
- Measure chocolate, butter & sugar in a bowl and melt in a double boiler or microwave for 1 minute.
- Measure all the dry ingredients and keep aside.
- Break eggs in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy with an electric beater.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs and beat until well incorporated.
- Mix the wet and the dry ingredients slowly. Pour this mixture in a pan lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for 35 minutes @180degree centigrade in a pre-heated oven.
- Check for doneness by inserting a tooth pick.
- Allow it to cool on a wire rack or refrigerate for a few hours before cutting.
- Serve at room temperature with coffee or your favourite ice-cream.